Saturday, October 30, 2010
- To stop expecting things to fall into my lap.
- It's much worse to regret not doing something than doing something.
- Be positive- things will work their own way out.
- The meaning of the words quagmire and quixotic.
- That The Veils are a great band and the lead singer has the most amazing blue eyes second only to Hugh Laurie's.
- Some good jokes. Like this one:
A rich man and a poor man are buying birthday presents for their wives. The rich man says “I got my wife a brand new BMW and a diamond ring. That way, if she doesn’t like the ring, she can return it in the BMW and she’ll still be happy. The poor man replies “I got my wife a pair of slippers and a dildo. That way, if she doesn’t like the slippers, she can go fuck herself”.
This question got me thinking. It really has been a great year when I think about it, aside from the recent episode of unemployment.com, but that's over now. It literally started the year in Athens, Greece by flying there on the 2nd of January. I spent the next 3 months learning about the Greek way of life and making Erasmus friends at the same time as completing a cruelly time-consuming 8000 word research thesis. Upon return, I had to complete my final clinical placement for college which lasted 7 weeks. That wasn't too fun. You're basically working for no money with the stress of the looming final exams. After that it was graduation, partying, aforementioned unemployment, London, bit jobs...taking me right up to this moment in time.
It was, let's be cheesy, a rollercoaster, with highs, lows and a hell of lot mediocrity.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Aside from things that could help me escape:
- A guitar and a 'Guitars for Beginners' book. I'd like to use my time wisely.
- Moisturiser. The beach can be so cruel to the skin.
- A solar-powered iPod and earphones.
- A doggie for companionship. And a possible source of protein later.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
My friends are the pink icing on an otherwise quite boring sponge cake. They are the turkey in my club, the orange jelly in my Jaffa cake......... Old friends, new friends, friends in other countries that I've only met a handful of times but still consider good friends, childhood friends I've grown apart from and hope to get back one day.....A shockingly cool group of people. Each one different and unique but all united under an umbrella of awesomeness.
I'm fairly easy-going but it takes a while for me to become good friends with people. So the chums I have now, I really cherish.
They say you are who your friends are. I'm very very OK with that. :)
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- DKNY purse (a hand-me-down from sister. My own beautiful purple purse from a Chinatown stall has died, aged just one year.)
- Samsung Ping Touch phone (crap)
- iPod nano (green)
- Blue Wrigley's EXTRA chewing gum
- Book (if I'm travelling anywhere- atm Dear Fatty: Dawn French (again))
- Random crumpled receipts
- Empty Tooty Frooties packet (sometimes >1)
- Max Factor Pan Stik
Monday, October 25, 2010
New job starts in a week. Don't have anywhere to live yet which is a little unsettling but things will fall into place. This job is the first good thing that's happened to me in months. I've been on such a downer since graduation, hearing about all my friends getting jobs and buying cars....And I was stuck at home working 2 days a week. But enough of all that crap.
For the first time in my life, I'll be making decent money (the money is better because I'm a locum). About bloody time too! Didn't go through 17 years of education to draw the dole. So that's all I wanted to say. Yay. :)