Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 4 - A habit that you wish you didn't have

This is my left paw.
I started biting my nails when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I don't do it when I'm nervous or stressed, it's pure habit. It may have started as a stress thing but how stressed can an 8 year old be? Anyway, anyway, anyway, I do it without even knowing I'm doing it. I'm only conscious of it when I'm in public because I know it's a horrible habit.
I've tried that horrible tasting stuff which worked for like a day and then I just got used to the taste and didn't mind it. Haven't tried fake nails because I know they will piss me right off and make my nails really brittle. If I could turn back time (if I could find a way :/), I would have harsh words with my 8 year old self to try and deter her from taking up this most unsavoury habit. Then again, she'd probably tell me to f*** off and do it anyway. Spirited child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment